FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com
My Middle Name is Earl: Globe Trotting Through Southeastern Ohio

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Globe Trotting Through Southeastern Ohio

This past weekend was a lesson in travel. Friday night, I spent the evening with my old pal, Daniel Alen Weber, and my college roomie John B. in the beautiful city of Marietta. An odd Korean liquor called 'so-ju' was imbibed, John's girlfriend went to the hospital for stitches after puncturing her hand trying to open a twist-off bottle with a pair of scissors, and I discovered what is quite possibly my new favorite beer.

George's First Pilsner, courtesy of the Marietta Brewing Company. If you're ever in the armpit of Ohio, give it a shot.

Good weekend - bitter cold, good beer and rednecks in NASCAR jackets and mullets dancing to Bon Jovi's 'Bed of Roses' at the Double L. It almost felt like home.

After rising Saturday morning we caravaned to Zanesville, to repeat the previous night with a different lineup, visiting an old college friend who has recently contributed to the next generation. Dammit Dillon, I'll be paying for that kid's public schooling before I even know it.

So we went to the Barn, I was hit on by a gay guy YET AGAIN, and Truax scored a phone number. Country and Bruce were present, so it was a complete Z-town experience. The evening was finished on a copy writer's couch watching 40-Year-Old Virgin. Ahh, lean back and take it all in.

And now it's back to the daily maintenence on the Death Star, searching out new star systems for domination and desecration. Light a candle for me, my Catholic friends, and as to the rest of you, the next round's on me.

John Wayne's not dead, he's frozen.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, okay, we'll stop hassling you about not posting enough. Looks like you had a good weekend. I love southeast Ohio.

jennyw

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes SOJU ROCKS!!! ya me and the scissorly challenged girl split up, so I plan on getting good and plastered again....

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

john wayne was a closet homo

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home