FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com
My Middle Name is Earl: The Lady or the Tiger

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Lady or the Tiger

Per an unusual phone call today I have been put to the Choice. Now is not the time for elaboration, but I will divulge more on this in the very near future, all. For now, I must weigh my options and wait.

Online poker is once again a part of my life. Played for five hours straight yesterday evening, and walked away up a hefty $35. Sounds pathetic, but I could have been slapping patties at McDonalds to the same result. As long as I stay on those .10-.25 sit and go tables, I think I can be alright. No cowboy runs this time... I'm straight grinding it. As I watched Return of the Jedi last night for the 17th time, I think I played maybe six hands in an hour, and oh, the $15 swing my way when some guy tried to muscle me into folding me full house aces full, it was glorious. I brought him to ruin and the ridicule of my faceless table mates, and he promptly cashed out in exile. Poker is the game of the gods.

At least it will give me something to do in the evenings. Since I am no sans-girlfriend and have very few acquaintances in the central Ohio area, mostly I've been counting the hours in the evening before I have to go back to work. What a horrid way to go through existence. It's either re-watch one of my 600 plus movies, or get drunk, or some gruesome combination of the two. Poker, my friends, poker. My life can go back into blissful stasis.

And I've even ferreted out a live game for tomorrow night! Oo rah, I'm gonna go fleece the boys from our sports department, and if you've ever read any HST, that sort of lot is a prime target for gambling barracudas like myself. Sitting around a smoky basement with a group of semi-strangers, listening to them poke fun at Kobe Bryant and reciting ERA's while I quietly raise from the big blind... bliss.

Life my still hold some meaning. Huzzah!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and before you ask, the anon. post are from g nine. i am just too lazy to actually log in. in fact, most times i comment will be anon. because i dont recall my blogger password

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home