FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com
My Middle Name is Earl: Forcing Myself to Blog

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Forcing Myself to Blog

Much has happened recently. Many topics for blogging have been evaluated and ultimately rejected. Elections and heavy workloads are upon us reporter-types. Basically I haven't really felt like blogging lately; between work, fledgling film scripts and a ballooning novel manuscript, the yearning to type more text has been set aside for watching movies and spending way too much time with facebook's Jedi vs. Sith application.

So bear with me if some of these upcoming posts may seem a bit labored. It takes a little while to scrape the rust off the axle. So, vote on these topics for my next post, or adopt them into your own blogs; you have the power.

1 - The subject of tithing: does it exclusively mean that we give 10 percent of our income to God, or does it include charities? I would be happy if I could give that money to a worthy charity, but that's not the point, is it...?

2 - Or I could rant on how the California forest fires are the result of poor legislation and terrible forest management over the last half century, not the fault of the Santa Anna winds.

3 - Or I could pose this question to my numerous small-market reporters: We hear a lot from pundits about how the media is doing a terrible job covering the war... how does that trickle down to us? When we do get the occasional story to cover about a local returning from Iraq or being killed, how do we cover it, why, and what are our responsibilities to our readership?

4 - Will Merlin ever be financially stable? Should he start a fund soliciting donations from able-bodied friends and non-profit groups to provide him with a nest egg?

5 - Did I leave the stove on?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this was posted a while ago, but give my your thoughts on tithing!!! AGR

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

correction: give me your thoughts :)
AGR

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home