FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com
My Middle Name is Earl: If It's Not One Thing, It's Another

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

If It's Not One Thing, It's Another


Work has always been a safe haven. No matter how messed up the rest of my life may become, I've always managed to leave it in the parking lot, come in, put on my reporter hat and crank out copy. Lately, even work has started to become a mess.

Office politics be damned!

I realized today that when you stand up for yourself, look someone in the eye, and tell them that you're not going to be taken advantage of, whatever the cost, it makes you feel a little better. Probably earns you some respect in the process.

Ask the office, I'm in a bit of a blunt mood today. Who knows, if any of you manage to reply to this before the day's out and I'm in the same mood, maybe you'll hear a bit more. Throw me some talking points, kids. Anything goes.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Brittiny said...

I think you survived hell with your sanity in tact. Impressive

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, speaking as your partner in crime, I'm glad you were in a blunt mood at the office! I've got to learn to stand up for myself, too!

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home