FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com
My Middle Name is Earl: The Greater Good

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Greater Good

Here's an article that I think could spark some interesting debate. It seems that some countries are considering the option of implanting microchips into HIV carriers in an effort to stop a disease that's decimating their country. Hmm.

It seems I've already made my opinion clear on what I think about inserting microchips into any living thing, but this brings up an interesting point. I understand that HIV and AIDS are horrible wherever they're found, but what about in some of these African countries where they are threatening entire populations of people? At what point is it morally acceptable for their governments to disregard the individual rights of its people in an effort to stop a disease that if, unchecked, could leave that government with no people to govern?

We've never really experienced a pandemic in this country during my lifetime. What do you think our own government would do if something like that happened?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger love, morgan whitney said...

hmm i think i might agree with you

and


i think the man's face in the picture
may resemble bruce willis?

pictures?

:-p

6:04 PM  
Blogger HS Nothingswronghere said...

I think we should just put them all on an island with you.

2:30 PM  
Blogger love, morgan whitney said...

ps you need to show me how to use this silly blog thing and spice it up like your's:)
i still dont even know how to make a link to your blog from mine... i'm so ashamed! hah
calll meee:p

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home