FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com
My Middle Name is Earl: The Meta-Science of Sleep

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Meta-Science of Sleep

To the faithful - thanks for hanging around in my absence. Usually the janitor would yell at you to quit smoking behind the building, but in this case I gave him a talkin’ to. I have realized that if I want my boss to consider more seriously attaching MMNIE to our company web site (which will mean some significant editing on my part) I should probably post a little more regularly. Welcome back to the show.

Several new things going on lately. For starters, I got a call last weekend from a friend who sounded to be in pretty bad shape - turned out I had to take her to the emergency room for an inflamed appendix. We sat in the ER for about six hours, although I had to leave when the docs gave her morphine for the pain, and she started a rather uncomfortable line of conversation (involving me) in front of one of her girlfriends. Ok, you’ve got tubes and monitors stuck to you - my presence is no longer needed.

So what do y’all think about MMNIE possibly hitting the big time with a direct link from www.thisweeknews.com? I’ve already told my boss that I won’t change my style of writing (or clean up my fuckin’ language problem) and he seemed all for it (I guess that’s what he likes about it). Am I too hokey to hit the semi-bigtime? I’m sure quite a few of you would laugh if my measly little blog could make me some buck.

And now for some random declaratives.

At three in the morning last night I managed to fix my broken washing machine with a shoe string and three strips of duct tape. I’m that good.

Women, like troubles, come in threes.

Random items you can find on my work desk: a copper Spartan helmet, a suit of armor, a whittled hound dog, a bust of the Argonath, and photocopied pictures of Jeff Lebowski, Walter Sobcheck, Donnie Caravatsos, Darth Vader, Inigo Montoya, Fezzik the Giant, and Fazzini. Oh yeah, and the Dogs of Westerville 2007 calendar.

Civilization is crumbling.

The downward spiral continues, and I still refuse to get a haircut.

3 Comments:

Blogger Class of 2000 officers said...

blogging for work = dream job

does it mean that i could potentially be linked to the Dispatch Empire by association? or will you have to take all the evils off your blog roll?

in other words, emough about you. how does this affect me?

we have not talked in a long time, friend. last i knew you there was only the one.

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you plan on hitting it big with your blog you need to choose a larger font size =)

btw I'll either be deploying to RAF Mildenhal, UK on june 15th or Al Udeied, Quatar on august 15th. it just depends on how soon I get done with training

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you said that you'd be updating more now that you're almost famous....

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home