FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com
My Middle Name is Earl: Keeping My Fingers Crossed

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Keeping My Fingers Crossed


So, after watching and reminiscing over the old animated GI Joe movie the other night, I decided to fire up the Internet Movie Data Base to find out a bit on what Hollywood plans to do with one of the best parts of my childhood. Nay sayers abound, but I'm keeping all 10 digits crossed that it will turn out alright.

First off, they got Ray Park for Snake Eyes. The black-clad, Uzi-toting mute ninja is a must for any film depiction of GI Joe, and while you wouldn't recognize Park (they seem to like covering his face up), you might remember him as a short-lived Sith named Darth Maul. If they throw in even one fight scene that uses Park like the end of Phantom Menace did, I will be a happy boy.

I'm not going to get into the rest of the casting yet, which seems sort of tentative, but the guys that wrote the script for this incarnation also penned the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, which I like from a story-telling standpoint. That's definitely a plus for me.

So who knows, apparently my generation's childhood heroes make perfect fodder for this day and age. It is a good time to be a movie fan and child at heart. X-Men, Batman rebooted, Spiderman, Blade, Hellboy, Transformers, Iron Man, Fantastic Four, Rambo, Rocky, Indiana frickin' Jones, Constantine, Superman... the list continues.

I'm holding out for the Thundercats and the A-Team to come whoop up on Harry Potter.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

I'm glad you're back to the blogs...I've missed you!

My childhood, however, is filled with strange, mad scientist visions of you and Vanessa when it comes to GI Joes however. creepy.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home