FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com
My Middle Name is Earl: Hats off to the Peanut Gallery

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Hats off to the Peanut Gallery

Well put on your city boots, strike up the band, muster the goombas, and slap my gramma - I actually have some readers! I've even been informed by a few that they check my blog on a daily basis, sadly seeing no new posts for weeks, dare we say it, months at a time. Well, this one's for you, kids. And once I remember how to add links to this thing, I'll add you to the circle.



IF YOU SEE THIS, PLEASE ASSIST.



So here's what's up. Lately I find myself questioning a few things. I'm not going to say I question my sexuality - that would be going in the wrong direction, but I think I might be putting out the wrong image lately. I mean, it's one thing to be secure in one's self and not be homophobic, but come on, Merlin! Singing Elton John songs in a gay bar, after getting your picture taken with the handlebar mustachioed bartender, his arms wrapped around you from behind while he nuzzles your neck? Geesh. I need to clear this up a bit.

Just to set the record straight, I am a hetro-kinda-guy. Just one big hairy American winnin' machine. Why do I do these things when I'm in my cups? I think part of it is to show off just how not homophobic I am and shock my friends, but that's just what it is - showing off. I need to cut that one from my repetoire.

So from now on, friends and neighbors, if you see me hitting on a male bartender to get my drink quicker, or giving a fake phone number to a bald guy and his boyfriend for kicks, step up to the plate. Say Merlin, you need to cut that shit out.

And always remember, check the signs. I drive a pick-up truck. I wear cowboy boots. I have guns and knives stashed all the hell over my house, and there's an NRA sticker on the back of that pick-up.

Oh yeah... and I wear flannel.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brittiny said...

Lin, I loved this post! I didn't know you gave a fake number to a guy. That is hilarious!
I promise I won't make you sing any more sappy Elton John songs.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Merlin said...

Not just one guy - some guy and his boyfriend who, I suspect, wanted to run a train on my ass. No finger cuffs for me, folks!

1:41 AM  
Blogger Class of 2000 officers said...

one post...three comments...you've got us eating out of your hand, merlin! GOod Work!!!!!!

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you got a purdy mouth boy!

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home