FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com
My Middle Name is Earl: Losing my Mind

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Losing my Mind

Anyone reading this is going to think I'm crazy, but I've discovered a hidden talent in myself that's apparently lain dormant my entire life.

I can change the radio in my truck with my mind.

Sure don't believe me, but it's happened too many times for me to not notice it. When I put a CD in the player and put it on 'shuffle,' if I concentrate hard enough and with enough confidence, I can pick what song is going to play next.

Today on the way home was the 10th time it's happened, and I'd say my ratio of accomplishment when I actually try to do it is about one out of three.

Now if this happens once or twice you might write it off as a happy coincidence, a little bit of cosmic serendipity that the powers above decided to drip down onto your afternoon. But once it gets into the double digits, I'm not sure.

I was driving home today and for some reason I really wanted to listen to 'Boondocks' by Little Big Town. I have four CDs all labeled 'All-Time Best' each properly numbered, and I knew that song was on one of them, but I wasn't sure which. So I got the song firmly in my head, grabbed one of the CDs at random, popped it into the player and hit shuffle, all the while holding the song in the front of my mind.

Guess what came blaring out of my speakers.

On one occasion I was actually able to pick FOUR songs in a row off of one CD, all while on shuffle. There comes a point that differentiates between randomness and something else.

Am I on the beginning path toward becoming a Jedi? Or am I just losing my mind? Only the Shadow knows. Has this phenomenon ever happened to anyone else?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh, fucking Mrlo.

My Blog will be launching this spring.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home